We Collect Your Information for the following reasons:
- • To protect and verify your identity
- • To detect and prevent fraud
- • To process your transaction and collect payment
- • To detect and prevent use of the Services not in compliance with the User Agreement
- • To help combat money laundering and the financing of terrorist and other illegal activities
- • To resolve user disputes
- • To understand our users "preferences"
- • To improve the Services and the functioning of the websites
- • To enable our third party service providers to fulfill their agreements with GMT for transaction processing and fraud detection GMT collects its information directly from the customer. Nonpublic personal information about the customer is collected from the following sources:
- • Information provided directly from the customer when using GMT’s website, such as the following: customer name, address, phone number, email address. We may also require other sensitive information, such as bank account information, debit card number, occupation, date of birth, government issued ID number, and social security number;
- • Information gathered from customers transaction history;
- • Information that we indirectly obtain from you, including your Internet Protocol Address, the date and time you visit our website, information about the mobile device and platform you are using, the pages you visit while on the site and whether you have opened emails sent to your account on our behalf.
By using the service and visiting the website, you, the customer, (i) consent to our collection, transfer, and storage of your personal information, and (ii) authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate the information that you provide to us.
How We Collect Information and Cookies
As long as you have an active account with us, we will retain your information as needed to provide you service. If you decide to cancel your account, we will electronically retain your information for a minimum of five (5) years as required by the Bank Secrecy Act.
Sharing Your Information
GMT does not sell or share your personally identifiable information with others. If we change this policy, we will let you know beforehand, and give you an opportunity to "Opt Out." As exceptions to this policy, we may from time to time provide personally identifiable information about you to others in the following ways:
- • Third-party service providers contracted with GMT that assists us with business operations, such as transaction processing and fraud prevention. Your personal information is shared with these companies only as necessary in order to ensure the accuracy and security of the information provided;
- • As part of any legal or regulatory requirements imposed upon us such as, a subpoena, court order or similar request issued to GMT from any law enforcement agency or government official;
- • Any information to our third party service providers, such as pay-out partners in foreign countries and databases that we use to verify your information;
- • To credit bureaus or collection agencies if you delay or fail to make payment for the Services;
- • Any information in order to comply with State and federal applicable laws, to report suspected illegal activity, violation of our User Agreement, or to prevent financial harm or loss.
The determination of when to disclose information shall be in the sole discretion of GMT.
Updating Your Information
Please log in to your account to modify or update your personal information as necessary. If any changes occur to your contact information, please update it in your account settings as soon as possible so that we may continue to process your transactions, and contact you with important updates.
- • SSL (Secure Socket Layer) was utilized in the building of our website in order to securely transmit and encrypt your personal information. We also require user authentication (a valid email address and password, or social media login via Facebook or Google+) for each visit to our website. Although you will “time out” after a certain period of inactivity on the website, you should always remember to log off when using a shared computer.
- • We reveal only the last four digits of your Bank Card numbers when confirming a transaction. The complete bank card number is transmitted to our contracted PCI Compliant third-party merchant processor for authorization purposes only.
- • Nothing on the internet is 100% secure, and we cannot promise absolute security. Despite our best efforts, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your transmissions to us, or may incorrectly instruct you to disclose information to them by posing as GMT, or by misinforming you about our services. We will continue to investigate additional security measures as they become available and encourage you to maintain your username and password separate from your computer and in a secure location, accessible only to you. At no time will GMT personally call or email you requesting your username and password. If we follow up with a phone call, the GMT customer service representative will provide you with their Employee Identification Number to
Options Regarding Use of Your Information
Federal and State laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- • You may also opt-out from promotional email messages sent to you by GMT or our third party partners by accessing your Email Preferences under “My Account” or selecting the “Unsubscribe” function present in each promotional email message we send out and providing the required information.
The California Financial Information Privacy Act Division 1.4 of the Financial Code (“Division 1.4”) became effective on July 1, 2004. Division 1.4 broadly regulates the sharing of nonpublic personal information of customers. In accordance with the California Financial Information Privacy Act ("Division 1.4"), GMT does not share its customer’s nonpublic personal information outside of its corporate family prior to written consent from the customer, except as permitted by law.
GMT will disclose information about its customers with a valid California mailing address only with customer’s written authorization, unless otherwise permitted by law. Written authorizations from California customers may be delivered to us at the address above or by email at email@example.com and must contain your name, address, signature and your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time by calling us at 1-888-702-5656 or by writing or emailing us at the addresses provided above.
Users of the service, regardless of their state of residence, cannot opt-out of certain disclosures including:
- • disclosures necessary to process, send, administer or enforce your transaction;
- • disclosures to our authorized service providers, including our pay-out partners;
- • disclosures permitted or required by law;
- • disclosures to prevent fraud , or other illegal activities.
Future Changes to this Policy
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our website. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use or store your personal information, we shall provide prior notice on our website.
If you have a complaint, please contact GMT Customer Service at 1-888-702-5656 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Notice to All Texas Customers:
Golden Money Transfer, Inc. is licensed under the laws of the State of Texas pursuant under license number 3057, and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking.
If you have a complaint, first contact the GMT Customer Assistance at 1-888-702-5656. If you still have an unresolved compliant regarding the company’s money transmission activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking.
Consumers/customers may file complaints with the Texas Department of Banking by contacting the Department through one of the means indicated below:
In Person or U.S. Mail: Texas Department of Banking
2601 N. Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78705-4294
Telephone Number: 512-475-1300 OR 877-276-5554 (toll free)